Founded in 1905, Uhthoff, Gómez Vega & Uhthoff, S.C., has distinguished itself by tradition and experience in customer service. In its 117 years of existence and with the legacy of four generations since its creation, Uhthoff, Gómez Vega & Uhthoff, S.C., is consolidated as the most important firm in the field of Intellectual Property in Mexico.
With a proven formula for success, that mixes experience and youth on its staff, our firm is known for being the leading Intellectual Property law firm in Mexico. We are by far, the number one applicant for patent and trademark applications in our jurisdiction and have a successful track record of litigation, which fully places us as a leader in the enforcement of Intellectual Property rights, not only in our country but also around the world.
In recent years, we have become known as a firm that provides comprehensive business solutions to clients, seeking not only to acquire and protect their Intellectual Property rights, but also to those seeking assistance in using and exercising those rights, whether with corporate or transactional work, regulatory assistance, or alternatively, to provide some industry experience. We are recognized nationally and internationally, as a center that provides solutions to its clients.
Our strengths are, among others:
- Focus on understanding the innovations of each client, as well as their commercial potential, to ensure the protection and acquisition of the appropriate rights;
- We have additional experience in related legal fields, such as pharmaceutical and life sciences;
- We are one of the few Mexican firms capable of designing and implementing comprehensive programs, for the acquisition and/or enforcement of Intellectual Property rights;
- We obtain proven results in key fields of the pharmaceutical and electronic industry, as well as those related to biology and chemistry.
- We have strong and close relationships with key officials in various government agencies (Customs, Attorney General's Office, Mexican Institute for Industrial Property, the National Copyright Institute) and the federal judiciary.
- We are characterized by a strong tradition of innovation, aimed at exceeding the needs of our customers.